Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. Hope everyone had a good holiday and ate at least as much as they wanted. Hope you had friends and family around. But we don't all have those opportunities, I know. I'm lucky. I had my family and friends and my new girlfriend.

Yes, I've got a new girlfriend. Been awhile. But I'll wait to write about it if it looks like it turns into something longterm. Right now we're still getting to know each other.

So I texted Mike and he's blogging tonight. He called me and said he was surfing trying to find something to post on. So be sure to check out his site and, of course, C.I.'s posting tonight with "I Hate The War" and already today has done:



I wanted to actually point out, last night, C.I.'s "Iraq, ExxonMobil and the US government" from Wednesday morning and ask you if you read, from Wednesday afternoon Hawar Abdulrazaq Ali's "US Position On Iraq Oil Deals Misrepresented"? I forgot so I'll note it now.

C.I. I wish I had her courage. She writes the truth and knows she may be the only one to do so. She doesn't whore and she doesn't worry. Here she was calling out press accounts and writing a delicious piece with a sting and knowing full well that it would be her alone on the limb because so few bother to cover Iraq in any way today (and those who do in the US are writing about 2003 -- oh thsoe brave non-controversial souls).

So she breaks it down -- and you have to wonder why Reuters was such a stupid stooge. Then that afternoon, along comes Hawar Abdulrazaq Ali in the evening backing up the points she's made. Were I C.I., I would've opened the Wednesday snapshot with that. Instead, the point's been made by her that morning and Ali that evening so she's moving on to other topics.

Okay, reader Angie got a promise from me. She wanted me to do "The Google" again. She said she can do it herself and does but she always gets a kick out of seeing it here. So, at her request, we're doing the results for three sites she requested starting with this one.

Google "sickofitradlz" and you get:


  • ICKOFITRADLZ

    sickofitradlz.blogspot.com/Cached
    1 day ago – And they also need to apologize because I know damn well their mothers did not raise them to act that way. Sadly, I'm not sure White America ...

    Huh?

    sickofitradlz.blogspot.com/2011/11/huh.html
    Matt Negren (POLITICO) reports on a meeting VP Biden had ...

    SICKOFITRADLZ: Whitney

    sickofitradlz.blogspot.com/2011/11/whitney_18.html
    This episode was called "Clarence" after the dog they get ...

    SICKOFITRADLZ ...

    sickofitradlz.blogspot.com/.../republicans-worry-about-perry-and-gay.html
    So I guess if Perry had to put in writing that he wouldn't ...

    SICKOFITRADLZ: Ugh, Tina Fey

    sickofitradlz.blogspot.com/2011/04/ugh-tina-fey.html
    Karin Tanabe (POLITICO) reports on Tina Fey: "Some may ...

    SICKOFITRADLZ: Eddie ...

    sickofitradlz.blogspot.com/2011/11/eddie-bernice-johnson.html
    I called a community member in Dallas to make sure I was ...

    SICKOFITRADLZ: Shut up, Jesse

    sickofitradlz.blogspot.com/2011/04/shut-up-jesse.html
    I've been nice to Jesse Jackson my whole life. Even when ...

  • Google "the third estate sunday review" and you get:

  • Third Estate Sunday Review

    thirdestatesundayreview.blogspot.com/Cached
    4 days ago – The Third Estate Sunday Review focuses on politics and culture. We're an online magazine. We don't play nice and we don't kiss butt. In the ...

    Trapped in an AA meeting with ...

    thirdestatesundayreview.blogspot.com/.../trapped-in-aa-meeting-with-judy-...
    Third Estate Sunday Review. The Third Estate Sunday ...

    TV: What Lies Beneath

    thirdestatesundayreview.blogspot.com/2011/10/tv-what-lies-beneath.html
    Third Estate Sunday Review. The Third Estate Sunday ...

    Third Estate Sunday Review ...

    thirdestatesundayreview.blogspot.com/2011/11/roundtable.html
    Our e-mail address is thirdestatesundayreview@yahoo.com ...

    TV: That Bunny Won't Hop

    thirdestatesundayreview.blogspot.com/2011/.../tv-that-bunny-wont-hop.ht...
    The Third Estate Sunday Review focuses on politics and ...

    Third Estate Sunday Review ...

    thirdestatesundayreview.blogspot.com/.../tv-fairy-tales-for-grown-ups.html
    Third Estate Sunday Review. The Third Estate Sunday ...

    Third Estate Sunday Review ...

    thirdestatesundayreview.blogspot.com/.../tv-kidnapped-by-water-cooler-set...
    The Third Estate Sunday Review focuses on politics and ...

  • Google "the common ills" and you get:

  • The Common Ills

    thecommonills.blogspot.com/Cached - Similar
    1 day ago – The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com. iraq · i hate the war · the ballet. Posted by Common Ills at 9:59 PM Links to this post ...

    Iraq snapshot

    thecommonills.blogspot.com/2011/09/iraq-snapshot_12.html
    Monday, September 12, 2011. Chaos and violence continue ...

    07/31 - 08/07

    thecommonills.blogspot.com/2011_07_31_archive.html
    For the US press, the big Iraq or Iraq-related story right ...

    The Myth of Moqtada

    thecommonills.blogspot.com/2011/09/myth-of-moqtada.html
    What Passes For Progress From the start of this year, ...

    Killing children

    thecommonills.blogspot.com/2011/08/killing-children.html
    John Glaser's overseeing Antiwar.com's Blog and he's also ...

    Nouri's upset -- at least publicly

    thecommonills.blogspot.com/2011/09/nouris-upset-at-least-publicly.html
    Al Rafidayn reports Ali al-Moussawi declared Saturday that ...

    Operation Happy Talk

    thecommonills.blogspot.com/.../operation-happy-talk-never-ending-us.html
    Common Ills: Threats and abusive e-mail are not covered by ...

  • No comments: